Monday, September 15, 2008

Who's Excited? I'm excited!

Hello fellow Team! So the official team Half is less than a month away. And I'm super excited! Although I wish I would be at the half starting line, I'll be really pumped when my team is. So update me on your weekend and your progress so I can live vicariously through you all. Feeling the burnout? Fear not! We are here to keep you motivated.

Here's a little quote I got from my tri board to remember to go out at your own pace - "Think you made the mistake of running too easy? You now have 26 miles to fix that mistake. Make the mistake of running too hard? That mistake now has 26 miles to express itself. DON'T EAT THE PASTE!" So when you start that half, think to yourself - don't eat the paste. Just cause everyone else is doing it doesn't mean you should.

This weekend I played volleyball for two hours and the rest of the weekend was OUCH! No acute injury. Just generalized pain, soreness and enough swelling to impede full range of motion. So I'm doing RICE and waiting for it to subside. But boy did I have fun! Luckily, no vb this week so I'll have some time to recover. ;) Plan on low-impact activites this week including a ride on Wednesday. The weather will be NICE - low 80s all week - so get outside and get some Vitamin D people! Wait, is it Vitamin D? I can't remember. Whatever.

This month will be the hardest so just keep your habits up and stay injury free!

2 comments:

MarathonBob September 22, 2008 at 3:53 PM  

Yes, the sun helps with Vitamin A production and use in the body.

Just do not eat Husky dog livers as they contain toxic levels of Vitamin A. {;>}

MarathonBob September 22, 2008 at 4:56 PM  

Why is it that JS and MM rarely keep their exercise log up to date, while non-blogger MB has been faithfully updating his? I only did because JS and MM urged me to do so. Come on ladies, bring us up to date!

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP