Thursday, May 22, 2008

2 down, 224 to go

I actually made it to the gym last night to do my running. Yay! My left knee was sore the first 4 minutes or so and my right knee was sore the whole time. Not painful, just sore from the lack of cushioning inside the joint. Did 2 miles at 13min jog.

I'm following a running plan I got off of runnersworld.com based on my current times and my distance goal. My plan called for 2 miles yesterday. My total plan to work up to 13 miles calls for 226 miles. Now I'm down to 224. Yay! Check the link on the right side for my training plan. Last night was pretty slow and I'm glad. It's my first time back running in a while. I've done some elliptical but not much running.

Boy, this is going to be hard to keep up. I think I will move running to the morning as much as possible because I seem to have no free time. Here's my schedule yesterday:

6am up, get ready for work
6:45am leave
7:30am work
4:30pm leave
5:00pm home, get ready for gym
5:30pm finally get kids and everyone in car
5:35pm-6:15pm gym workout
6:35pm- home, make dinner, convince DH to fold laundry
7:00pm-eat, clean up dinner, dishes
7:15pm-give kids bath, brush teeth, pajamas
7:45pm- read to kids
8:15pm- finish putting kids down, finally get a shower, kids keep getting up
8:45pm-"mom, I need a shake...." "Get back in bed!", DH leaves for bball
9:00pm- put wet clothes in dryer, get kids clothes and bags ready for next day
Put away folded laundry
9:30pm- try to read a book, but exhausted. Give in and let Syd sleep in bed
11pm- get woken up by loud DH coming home from bball
2am - get woken up by Tristen who wants me to cover him back up, twice
Lather, Rinse, Repeat...

2 comments:

The Mighty Minyard's May 22, 2008 at 3:04 PM  

Morning, Really. Jen you are so busy. Don't let the schedule get you crazy. Just skip eating or something... just kidding. Do you have a long enough lunch break to get some miles in? Just some thouhgts.
When we cross the finish line in Tyler it will be worth it.

The Sabins May 22, 2008 at 3:11 PM  

Sadly, I sweat and I probably will not have time at lunch. Morning it will have to be!

If you click on Layout and edit the box called 'Nadene's log' you can put in the miles you run each day. How was this am?

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP