Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Meet Nadene



Let me start by saying AHHHHHHHH!!, ok now that is out of the way.

I'm 27 years old with a great husband and two great daughters, oldest is 4, youngest is nearly 2. I really started running in High School. I owe that moment of inspiration to my Big Bro. Shon. Cross-Country Shon, as I like to call him.
I was pretty good as a Freshman, I think the coach actually let me run with the Varsity girls once or twice. Then as I took interest in other things running faded out of my life. Every once in a while I'd dust my shoes off and head out for a nice road run. Devan has always joked that I could be lazy for months then go and run 5 miles "like it was nothing".
This trait helped a lot when I joined the Navy. See, a lot of your advancement depends on your Physical Fitness tests. My best 1.5 mile time was 10:27, just about :45 shy of the best possible score! Ok I know I sound cocky by now, but I'm not the same as I was then.
Now I have all of these "issues".. flat feet, weird right knee, then there's the baby stroller I usually train with... Last year I ran a couple of 5K's thanks to the Gibbons and the Sabins. (They're all pretty great people) These were my first official races outside of a Military Base.
I had SO Much FUN. Now I'm hooked. I love that feeling of early morning runs, I love when your lungs burn but your body feels great. I love knowing a few extra miles are coming on.. I love it I love it.
My biggest weakness, doing to much to fast.
My greatest strength, Family running with me.

1 comments:

The Sabins May 21, 2008 at 9:49 AM  

I am so glad you are doing this because you are the most positive person and I love it!

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP