Thursday, May 22, 2008

I'm waiting for the Heat

This is a beautiful morning for a run.. only problem.. I'm going to go 3 and I'd really like to do it without the baby stroller.
I wonder how fast I'm even going these days?
So Devan and I take turns sleeping in on his off days. Its a pretty good system, not one that I'd like to give up anytime soon. I'm beginning to understand though, that my "sleeping-in" will soon consist of long, hard runs.
So as today is his turn, my hair is up, my shoes are tightly laced, and I'm ready to jet at the first sleepy sight of my Man.
I'm just hoping the sun doesn't break out before I do.

2 comments:

The Sabins May 22, 2008 at 9:52 AM  

Hope you are out running right now! Tell me how it goes and post your miles here...then we can see progress as we get better.

The Mighty Minyard's May 22, 2008 at 3:32 PM  

As a matter of fact I was out running.
So I totally forgot to take Maleah to play-school today. Devan wakes (ya know tha halfway awake kind) up and says "Maleah's not going to school today" oh crud..so off I go with my running shoes and ponytail to take Maleah. I hit the road at about 9:30...
9:32 realize I forgot my watch
A few songs later I pass the 1 mile marker... stink.. where is the 1.5 marker.
So I just say Whatever I'll go 4.
I felt so good between mile 1.5 to 2 I was on top of the world. Then 3 to 3.5 felt long. 3.5 to 4. I just kept saying "almost there". The sun worked in my favour. It stayed behind the clouds. I also had the wind!
Yay.

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP