Monday, August 25, 2008

Back in the Saddle

Yes, it's true! This weekend I did my first running since my injury. And it went well. I did a walk/run for 2 miles. But first, just to update on my previous post - I'm good. I was a little sad at having to withdraw, but overall I'm good. There's always more races! And I love despair.com. You should check out their stuff - some of it is outright laugh out loud funny!

Back to my run~ I was a little nervous. Things were not perfect - I had some 'heat' under the kneecap and slight soreness so I did ice afterwards, but the big thing is no real pain. Excellent. Some parts felt really good and I wanted to just keep running, but I kept telling myself, no it's better to take it slow and work on getting back to running long term. So I moved over to elliptical to finish the hour.

So I'm on to a new goal.


I'll transfer to the Tyler 5k and maybe if things keep looking up I'll be ready for 8 at the Trot. PT is going really well and things that I felt were really hard a month ago are showing me that I am actually progressing! Yay!
Hope your running week goes well!

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP