Tuesday, August 12, 2008

POW!! and she's off!!

So after a billion million years.. I'm back to running. JS I have no idea how you keep up with your schedule. I'm just barely working and I feel like I'm some sort of Saint for getting out to run after I heat up a frozen dinner for the kids.

I had to revamp my training program, which only has me running a length of 9 miles before the half marathon. I may be able to squeeze in an extra mile to get it up to 10 the week before the race. My pace has slowed to about 10:15 and my joints are a bit achey.. time for new shoes, I'm fighting my inner cheap-skate on that issue.

2 comments:

MarathonBob August 14, 2008 at 5:06 PM  

Good for you. You are young and strong enough to do the 1/2, but do not try to rush your training. Better that you be less prepared and have to walk part of the 1/2 than that you train too hard and get sick or injured and have to watch.

The Sabins August 18, 2008 at 7:37 AM  

Good for you - yeah the schedule thing basically means no sleep. ;)

Good job with your training!

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP