Thursday, June 26, 2008

And so it continues

This is a little boring but I guess I'm at least trying to keep up with what's going on.

Tonight I did my run in my old shoes. They're a little worn but decent and I haven't had any problems in the 150 miles I put on them last year. And you can guess what I'm going to say...my right foot started to go numb! I can't believe it. I felt so defeated. So now I don't think it's the shoes. I'm running funny or there's a nerve getting pinched in my foot or I found a couple other reasons. The most common cure though is orthotics so I'm going to try new inserts.

Interestingly, one cause is tight calves cutting off blood flow. And I cannot tell you how sore and tight my calves are during the first part of my runs. I've never had this issue before but lately it's been very bad. So I've decided to try some foot 'exercises', a longer warm-up period each run and inserts and see where that gets me.

It looks like Saturday's run is going to be very loooooonggg.

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP