Monday, June 23, 2008

Group Run 6/21

Had a group run on Sat, 6/21. And my right foot keeps falling asleep. Not tingly. We're talking full-fledged extremity numbness. So now I have to figure out how I can adjust the shoe/insert/sock/lacing so that this does not happen. And I hope I don't need new shoes because I don't want to spend the money right now. But my knee doesn't hurt. So at least that's a plus for me.

On Saturday I also came to the realization that we really need to split into pace groups. In the time it takes me to run 3 miles, MM could have run 4. So, while I do enjoy starting together, I think it might be a good idea to split up into pace groups so everyone gets in the training they need. The actual run is going to be split anyway so we might as well practice!

It looks like we might add another runner to our group! If so, our blog name was kind of short-sighted...;)

4 comments:

Papa June 23, 2008 at 3:24 PM  

Hi Guys,

Great blog and great fun training up for marathon. My daughters Melissa, Stacy and Kelly got together for a half marathon in Sacramento in May. Melissa's husband ran with them as well (he didn't train he just went out a ran it....hmmm). I'm committed to joining them next year, but right now I'm doing interval training, see if I can bump my speed up on the soccer field.

I like my shoes to be tight, if I go just a bit over board I get the same tingly sensation. Odd feeling that your foot is falling asleep while yor're running. I've found this only happens while I'm running, I don't have the issue with other activities, tennis, soccer or b-ball. Maybe you have a similair issue.

Go for it!

-david

MarathonBob June 23, 2008 at 9:45 PM  

David, we are preparing for a 1/2 marathon in October and then, if all goes well, a marathon in February 2009. Neither Jennifer nor Nadene have ever run a marathon, although Nadene has done forced marches/runs in the Navy and Jennifer has done a short triathalon, while I have not run a marathon since 1984.

Ladies, with our varied paces and schedules and the distance we have to drive for group runs, perhaps we should run together less frequently. And when we run together, rather than worrying about pace and distance, we can make it more of a "fun" run together. In addition, driving 45 minutes each way and getting someone to watch the kids for a 30 minute run seems counterproductive on such a frequent schedule. I suggest that the three of us get together 1 -2 times/month and only for a run that is comfortable for the slowest among us.

Having said that, I am happy to do group runs as often as you would like to we get together.

Thoughts?

The Mighty Minyard's June 23, 2008 at 10:15 PM  

Hey really, I'm easy , as long as we get together once a month for a moral run.. fun run.. I'm a happy camper. I've just been working our group runs into my schedule as an easy day. But, if I'm in anyway speeding the group to much, I'd be more than happy to split and meet back up at the end for drinks and bannanas.

P.S. David is my uncle in Las Vegas, right?

The Sabins June 24, 2008 at 8:26 AM  

What's up Uncle D? Thanks for dropping by!

Peeps - I'm good with a once a month group run.

MM - Is Dottie joining in?

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP