Thursday, June 5, 2008

Props to Tom for my last mile today.

Well I wont back down, no I wont back down
You can stand me up at the gates of hell
But I wont back down
Gonna stand my ground, wont be turned around
And Ill keep this world from draggin me down
Gonna stand my ground and I wont back down
Hey baby, there aint no easy way out
Hey I will stand my groundAnd I wont back down.
Well I know whats right, I got just one life
In a world that keeps on pushin me around
But Ill stand my ground and I wont back down
Hey baby there aint no easy way out
Hey I will stand my ground
And I wont back downNo, I wont back down
-Tom Petty

7 comments:

MarathonBob June 5, 2008 at 11:49 AM  

Great song by an amazing, although strange, songwriter. I am surprised that you have even heard of Petty.

The Mighty Minyard's June 5, 2008 at 8:50 PM  

Hey great! If Jennifer likes him, to we can pick one of his songs for our theme!

The Mighty Minyard's June 5, 2008 at 9:03 PM  

How 'bout
I won't back down
or
Running Down a Dream
Learning to Fly, is pretty good,too

My fav. is "I won't back Down"
What cha think?

The Sabins June 9, 2008 at 3:40 PM  

Jeff loves this song too - I'm on board with this song...we should play it when we finish Tyler!!

The Mighty Minyard's June 9, 2008 at 9:13 PM  

YES!! ok I've found a way to put music on the blog. ok ok it was one of the young women at church who showed me. Any way. would you like to know how?

MarathonBob June 10, 2008 at 9:38 AM  

Seems that "I Wont Back Down" is more of a before and/or after race song. Perhaps "I did It My Way" is a better post-race song? Allows old fogies and youngsters alike to celebrate their "race" no matter how slow.

The Mighty Minyard's June 10, 2008 at 1:52 PM  

All i can find is "Life is a Highway", do you have the jam at 'choo crib?
If so, may I stop in and listen. I'll be out and about this evening.

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP