Thursday, June 26, 2008

Roll Call

How's the week going crew? Here's your roll call. Post/comment and let me know how your training is this week.

I didn't run on Tuesday like I had originally planned. As a result I have to run both Wednesday and Thursday. bummer. So even though I got out of work late last night I went running. And I couldn't find my gym card so I decided that rather than bore myself to tears on my treadmill at home (and fight to keep the kids off it), I would run outside. Since it was later in the evening it wasn't too bad. Until the end when the clouds mostly parted and the wind died. HOT. And I felt terrible. You would think I hadn't been running in a month. It. was. really. hard. Help me out Kanye! That, that, that that don't kill me, can only make me stronger, I need you to hurry up now, cause I can't wait much longer... I had to walk about 30 seconds twice. But I told myself keep going, at least a minimal jog but no walking. I wasn't worried about overdoing things because I think for me this training is really a mental battle. The body can handle and recover from quite a lot. So I'm proud of my 2 miles because mentally, it was one of my tougher runs and I accomplished it.

Thank you ipod.

3 comments:

The Mighty Minyard's June 26, 2008 at 10:07 PM  

WOOO HOOO!! Great Run Jen.
I've been seeing where my own limits are lately. Can you believe I'm starting to hit a 9 min pace!!
Of course that was on a treadmill at your folk's house, but hey it's still 9 min.s. The real test will be when I go 6 or so miles.. can I keep that pace up? I hope I hope. It's getting easier for me to move my butt off out of the house to run lately. I think I'm getting to a "Happy-place" where it's not painfully difficult, but it's.... it's like a feeling of conquering something. I know it's early. And I have many more miles to conquer, but still. I'm out there, I'm running.. I'm conQuering!!

MarathonBob June 27, 2008 at 9:12 AM  

Jen, until you have run a lot of miles and know your body well, avoid running 2 days in a row. At least make the 2nd day a short easy run or do some cross-training with different muscles (biking is good). We need the second day to heal from the prior day's run -- even if it was slow. Otherwise you risk overuse injuries.

The Sabins June 27, 2008 at 9:23 AM  

Great job MM! Getting in a hbit is the best feeling. Keep on conquering!

Thanks MB - last year I ran two days in a row many days while doing my tri training so I know at less than 3 miles I can handle it. The heat was the bigger factor I think. And not hydrating enough during the day.

Unfortunately, with my schedule, kids, job, etc it's gonna have to be multi-days some weeks or not train. In a perfect world having rest days every time would be ideal.

I am going to start trying to add in cross-training since I want to do Denison in September. I think the recovery swim, etc will help too.

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP